Tranforming Clinical Education.
The SDSU College of Nursing On Campus Clinical Learning Environment's unique suite of learning spaces allows nursing and advanced practice students to put theoretical knowledge into practice in a simulated patient care environment, which includes high-fidelity adult, child, and infant mannequins.
IMPACT of the Clinical Learning Environment
- SDSU pre-licensure BSN programs - practicing care and integrating technology
- Master of Science (MS) in Nursing program – learning to teach, lead and coordinate care through simulation
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program – learning technology-based patient care, assessment, and care management
- PhD in Nursing program – researching student learning outcomes and developing patient care innovations
- Health Care Partners - collaborating to assure safe, quality patient care and health promotion
LEADERS in Nursing Education, Research, and Health Care
- Transforming education with active learning environments for safe patient care in the hospital, the clinic and the home.
- Leading healthcare workforce education in SD, including RNs, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, clinical nurse leaders, administrators and nurse scientists.
- Aspiring to improve health care quality and accessible care.
- Preventing injury, disease and disability and improving quality of life through collaborative research and community partnerships.
TYPES of Learning Spaces:
Home Care Simulation Suite
Located within the Clinical Learning Suite, the Home Care Simulation Suite provides students with a realistic home care setting. Students can demonstrate clinical skills adapted to care being delivered at home.
Clinic and Ambulatory Care Simulation Suite
Located within the Clinical Learning Suites, the Clinical Care Suite allows students to practice with the same expectations as an actual clinic setting with an exam table and typical ambulatory care equipment.
Hospital Care Simulation Suites
- The Hospital Care Simulation Suites are modeled after an actual acute care room with individual head walls to simulate oxygen administration and suctioning.
- Medication carts, electronic health records, an EKG unit and both IV and feeding pumps are utilized in patient scenarios.
Advanced Technology Control Rooms
Inspire excellence and impact healthcare.