Generous Commitment. Continued Support.
The SDSU Foundation recognizes cumulative financial commitments throughout a donor’s life with membership in its Lifetime Giving Societies. Those that make significant annual contributions are also recognized as members of our Annual Giving Clubs.
These societies represent our most generous and committed donors. All gifts and pledges – either current or deferred – qualify these benefactors for membership. Through their exemplary philanthropy, these friends and alumni have a special place in the history of South Dakota State University.
Lifetime Giving Societies
- Charles L. Coughlin Society: $10 million and above
- Theodore and Esther Schultz Society: $5 million to $9,999,999
- Mildred Stoker White Society: $2.5 million to $4,999,999
- Stephen F. Briggs Society: $1 million to $2,499,999
- Ethel Austin Martin Society: $500,000 to $999,999
- William M. Griffith Society: $250,000 to $499,999
- Distinguished University Patrons: $100,000 to $249,999
- Distinguished University Benefactors: $50,000 to $99,999
- SDSU Associates: $25,000 to $49,999
See the list of our current members, and read the stories of the societies’ namesake in our STATELY Review.
Annual Giving Clubs
- President’s Associates of the Campanile Society: $5000 and above annually
- Campanile Society: $1000 to $4999 annually
- Dean’s Club: $500 and above annually
The Sylvan Circle Society honors friends who make a commitment to the future support of SDSU through planned and deferred gifts to the university. The recognition society takes its name from the Coolidge Sylvan Theatre, one of the treasured landmarks on the campus. Qualifying gifts include a bequest in a will or a revocable living trust to the SDSU Foundation, designation as a beneficiary in an insurance policy or retirement plan, a life income agreement or a life estate gift of a residence or farm property.
Learn more about planned and estate gifts and read the most recent Sylvan Circle publication here.